Masterclass: Protecting Your Business Against Cybercrime
Tuesday, 14 February 2023: 8-11am
Not to be missed. Join us for a look at Cybercrime in Wales and how you can protect your business. PLUS - an exciting free and fun extra!
Venue: Principality Building Society, Board Room Principality House, The Friary, Cardiff CF10 3FA
Vacancy: Counter Fraud Specialist
NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership
Closing date: 12 February 2023
The NHS Counter Fraud Service (CFS) Wales is responsible for the detection, investigation and the prevention of economic crime in NHS Wales. NHS CFS Wales has a vacancy for an accredited counter fraud specialist or an experienced fraud investigator to join the successful team which is based at Mamhilad Park Estate near Pontypool. Read full details and apply direct at NHS Jobs.
Fighting Fraud: Breaking the Chain
A review of The House of Lords Fraud Act 2006 and Digital Fraud Committee's new report, Fighting Fraud: Breaking the Chain, in summary calls for:
- A new cabinet-level subcommittee to tackle fraud, Chaired by the Security Minister.
- Fraud to be written into the Strategic Policing Requirement, which sets out the top priorities for the police.
- A new corporate criminal offence of 'failure to prevent fraud', applicable across all sectors, accompanied by significant financial penalties to try to change company behaviour regarding fraud.
- A Government-led, centrally funded consumer awareness campaign in partnership with industry to raise the country’s awareness about digital fraud.
- The urgent reintroduction of the Online Safety Bill to Parliament.
Fraud and Corruption: two sides of the same coin
- Andrew Clarke — Financial Crime Consultant and an internationally recognized subject matter expert who has played a key role on projects including FATF country evaluations, the UN/World Bank StAR initiative and global training programmes. Andrew will discuss the overlapping aspects of Fraud and Corruption.
Missed this event?
Watch now on our Events page