Fighting Fraud: Breaking the Chain
A review of The House of Lords Fraud Act 2006 and Digital Fraud Committee's new report, Fighting Fraud: Breaking the Chain, in summary calls for:
- A new cabinet-level subcommittee to tackle fraud, Chaired by the Security Minister.
- Fraud to be written into the Strategic Policing Requirement, which sets out the top priorities for the police.
- A new corporate criminal offence of 'failure to prevent fraud', applicable across all sectors, accompanied by significant financial penalties to try to change company behaviour regarding fraud.
- A Government-led, centrally funded consumer awareness campaign in partnership with industry to raise the country’s awareness about digital fraud.
- The urgent reintroduction of the Online Safety Bill to Parliament.
Fraud and Corruption: two sides of the same coin
- Andrew Clarke — Financial Crime Consultant and an internationally recognized subject matter expert who has played a key role on projects including FATF country evaluations, the UN/World Bank StAR initiative and global training programmes. Andrew will discuss the overlapping aspects of Fraud and Corruption.
Missed this event?
Watch now on our Events page